Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Stop Motion Videos

As I was doing a bit of net surfin' a few days ago, I stumbled across some stop motion movies on YouTube. After watching a few different pieces, I was blown away by the time and work that went into all of these videos. I have always marveled at folks like Tim Burton (Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride) and Steve Box (Wallace & Gromit) who make full length stop motion animation movies. Their work never ceases to amaze me.

As a tribute to this art (an art that I would never have the skill nor the patience to even attempt!), I am going to post a few of the stop motion videos I found. Enjoy!


DRUMS AND PIANO


HUMAN SKATEBOARD


PROCESS ENACTED (this one was made entirely out of 987 polaroid shots - no computer compositing was involved)


and my last is from the folks at Human Flipbook. They do some pretty neat stuff.

HUMAN FLIPBOOK